Skip to main content

FACE OF THE DAY


As you might have seen in a post about two weeks ago, I enjoy doing a face of the day post every once in a while. I have posted quite a few photos on Instagram and people seem to enjoy them. Usually, on a weekly basis I like to change up my face makeup and try something new, although, I've made it a point to wear different blush everyday! People have really seemed to enjoy these post on other social networks, so I would like to give an update about once a week on my face of the day. Let me know if you're interested!

First, I always start off with a moisturizer and primer. Both of the items pictured above were mentioned in my June Favorites post (you can check that out here if interested ) The Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream and Benefit Pore Fessional. I realized over this last month, the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream really isn't working for me in the mornings. This product is a little more oily, and I prefer to use it at night, lesson learned. Benefit Pore Fessional has made its way onto my Holy Grail makeup products list. I love this stuff, and is does the job wonderfully.

Once again, I'm stuck on Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (I am in the color 20 Beige). This is my favorite foundation for the summer time. It is a little dewy, but with a setting powder, for my oily skin, this foundation is perfect for me. It stays on all day and it isn't too heavy on the skin. I would say this foundation is a light/medium coverage, but like most foundations with a setting powder it is very buildable!

The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is still kicking! I only have about 5 more uses of this product before its got to say goodbye, but I really like this concealer. It does not crease and it stays put all day. I'm going to try and finish up a few other concealer before I purchase anymore, but I'm really going to miss this baby.

My setting powder of choice was also mentioned in my June Beauty favorites, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I can't get enough of this stuff. This product definitely does what it is portrayed to do and keeps me matte! Absolutely in love with this powder.

The Sonia Kashuk Cream Bronzer is still very high on my list of loved products (I did a full review on this item here if you are interested ) I've only been using this product for a few months now, so I can't say how this product will work for the other seasons, but for the summer this is definitely staying in my everyday makeup routine.

My eyebrows are my next necessity. As mentioned in my MAC Swatches and Collection post ( ) I always use the same products for my eyebrows, MAC eyeshadow in Cork and Espresso mixed together. Eyebrows are so important, and it's probably my favorite part of my makeup routine. I also just recently started using Maybelline Great Lash Clear Brow Gel, and I'm not really a huge fan of this product. I prefer the Anastastia Brow Gel, but the Maybelline version is cheaper and more accessible. I will finish using this product, because it definitely does the job, just not my favorite.

A fairly new product of mine, is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in the color nude. I have been using this product on my water line and I love the way it just brightens up the eyes! This is a step that can be skipped if preferred, but I love the finished product when I use this product. Another favorite of mine is the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in black. I have been using this product for a while now and I love the simplicity of it. It's just like using a pen to do your eyeliner and it's great for the mornings I'm in a rush to get out of the door.

My eyelook of the week has not really changed up too much. I mentioned in my June Favorites a new MAC eyeshadow I've been using which is Folie and I love this color in my outer corner. I've been pairing this with Jest on the lid, Soft Brown in my crease, and any highlighter just to brighten things up a bit. I have these shadows in my Z Palette at the moment since they are some of my recent favorites.

For mascara, I've been using Maybelline The Rocket for a couple of months now. I've really been enjoying the look that this mascara offers, but I think I'm ready for a change. I have mascara ADD and I have to change things up every once in a while.

And last but not least, my blush of the day. Like I said before, I really try to make a point to change up my blush each day. It can really change your look so it doesn't look like you've done the same thing day to day. For this day, I chose MAC Cosmetics Blushbaby, an all time favorite of mine. I like to go for this blush on days I went a little more dramatic with my eye look, because this blush is a wonderful neutral that can be paired with almost any eye look or lip color.

That is all for my face of the day/week, I really hope you guys enjoyed. If you ever want anymore information on any products or full reviews please don't hesitate to ask. This is my passion and I enjoy giving my opinions on just about everything!

Thanks so much for reading and enjoying!
-Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e