Skip to main content

July Beauty Favorites


Long time no talk guys! I'm so sorry I've been a little MIA this month, but I have been busy!!! I went on vacation with my family this month, and as soon as we got home my boyfriends family came in to town for a long weekend, so I've had a house full! As stressful as it could have been, but also quite a lot of fun, I didn't really have much time to try new things or really experiment with any new products. I also had a two year old, who really enjoyed watching me "Paint my eyeballs!", so my makeup was quite minimum. Also, to top it all off, I had a sunburn from hell! No amount of sunscreen helped my fair skin. Through all of the chaos this month, I still have a few products that stuck by my side. 

       

First is my set of Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange items. I bought this at Target on sale in June and I've had all of the items in my purse ever since. This scent is breathtaking. It's wonderful for summer and it's great for on the go. The lotion was perfect for my burnt skin when sitting at my desk, because we all know how dry and itchy sunburn can be. Also, the perfume is great and easy just to roll on to freshen everything up, especially when I get called in to a meeting room with no notice. The lip balm is tinted which is another great thing for an office job, because you can slap it on and it makes everything look out together. I will be repurchasing this set when it's gone, because I can't get enough. 

             

Another Target purchase, my ELF Lip Exfoliator. I heard about this item from ShadesOfKassie and for $3 I figured it was worth a shot. This stuff is the bomb! I've used the Lush Lip Scrub for years, but this being in a lipstick applicator makes life so much easier. There is no mess and it's so easy to apply. Really a must have for summer! 

        

As I've mentioned before, I live in a state with a crazy amount of humidity and on top of everything I'm as oily as they come. These Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are a holy grail item for me, and they really came in handy this month. 


Another budget friendly item for me this month was my Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude. For a month of simple makeup this item made a finished look easy to accomplish. I use this on my waterline and it brightens my whole look up. I believe this product is around $3.99, so another one that for the price you really can't beat it. 

       

This is a popular beauty community item. The Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer palette. I've had mine for quite some time and as you can see from the picture above, it's gotten a lot of love. This is the concealer I keep in my everyday makeup bag in my purse. Throughout the day as my makeup wears I have this for touch ups. Mostly around my nose and under my eyes. Wonderful quality.

     

Unfortunately, this item was limited edition. This is Mac Blush in Pink Tea from the Tres Cheek collection in 2011. This blush is amazing. Any day I can't decide what to wear I grab this. It's neutral but it still gives you an alive look that last all day and goes with any eye or lip colors. 

        

And lastly, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. This was my first Tarte purchase ever, and it started my obsession. There products are amazing! I can admit, I have only tried products from the Amazonian Clay line, but I have no regrets. The blush is great for any skin tone, and another product that goes with pretty much any look.

Thank you guys for sticking around! I will definitely have more post up for the month of August! Have a great day!
-Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e