Skip to main content

June Beauty Empties and Mini Reviews


As you can probably see from the picture above, I was really into trying out my samples this month. I have a huge box full of beauty samples that I have gotten from making online orders, Birchbox, Ipsy, and Sephora. I'm bad about just tossing them in my sample box and never looking back. I realized I have some pretty good stuff in there, I just need to make an effort, so that's what I did.

First is my Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (the only one I did not take a separate picture of, sorry). I purchased this last summer and did not get much use out of it. This summer when it started getting warmer I knew I wasn't going to get much sun, so I decided to give it another shot. I love this product! It does not do much as a self tanner. It might give you a slight amount of color, but nothing noticeable. Although, as a moisturizer this stuff is amazing! It's the perfect formula to use in the mornings before applying your makeup, because it sinks into the skin and doesn't give you the oily layer a lot of moisturizers do. I will definitely be repurchasing this, for the price, you really can't beat it.


Amazing Cosmetics Anti Aging Face Primer. I am young, but I still feel you're never too young to start taking good care of your skin so when I received this sample I gave it a go. I wasn't all that impressed. I feel like it made my skin a little oily, and for someone with natural oily skin, I really don't need to add anything to that.


Davines Oil, Absolute Beauty Oil. I received this in my Birchbox this month, I did a blog post below about what I received in my Birchbox and Ipsy boxes if you're interested. I have very dry hair so this was another product I was excited to try. I did not find this was anything spectacular. I enjoyed using it once, because it did spell very good, but I would not purchase the full size.


Organix Brand Reneving Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment. I believe this is supposed to be a cheaper dupe of the Moroccan Oil Hair Masque, which is around $30. This product worked very well for me. I have tried the Moroccan Oil version, but it is extremely expensive, and I feel like this did the same job nicely. A much more reasonable product, in my opinion.


Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen. I love this thing! I believe this is my 3rd one. I have already repurchased this! If you're interested, I mentioned this item in my Face of the Day blog post below. I know there are other versions of this item at the drugstore, and I do believe I'm going to try another brand when my new one is gone, just for the comparison.


Miss Jessie's Quick Curls. This is another item I received in a Birchbox, quite a while ago. This sat in my samples box for quite some time, and I was ready to give it a shot. I loved it! I have very curly hair and this did do the job well. It kept my hair from frizzing and also had a great smell. I would love to have this again! Miss Jessie's products are definitely worth the money, they are a little pricey!


Another Birchbox winner, Love Shampoo Lovely Smoothing Shampoo. This product smells like heaven. I was so excited to get in the shower every morning just to use this. I don't know that it did anything spectacular for my hair, but the smell alone made this product a winner. I don't know that I would purchase a full size, only because I do believe there are drugstore brands that do the job just as well.


I received the Anastasia Brow Gel in a kit about a year ago. I didn't think this product was worth the money until it was gone and I tried another brand. I miss my brow gel! I might have to dish out the money and go back to this one. It kept my brows in place all day without looking like they were stuck to my face. As you can see from the picture above, I loved the wand so much I kept it! Great product, I strongly recommend.


I believe this product came from a Birchbox as well a few months ago, Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuventator. This was another item that stayed in my shower and I used it about once a week. I loved it. It has tiny little beads inside that help exfoliate, but it is not too rough. Wonderful face wash overall, but I have other items that work just as well, I don't believe I'll be purchasing a full size.


I believe I got this product as a Sephora VIB 100 point perk a few months ago. This primer is the best I have ever tried. As you can see, I cut the top off just to make sure I used every last drop. This primer is wonderful for oily skin! I must go buy a new one in full size!


If you read my June Favorites blog post, you will see this is one of them. I love this stuff, it really works wonders! I do have quite a few more of this product in sample size, but I do think when I run out, I will buy the full size. This is very worth it.


Josie Maran Argan Oil. So many people rave about this product, I just didn't see the "wow factor" in it. It is quite expensive, so I was already a little weary on this item. I'm thinking, that maybe since this was such a small sample I didn't get the full value. I only used this on my hair, and I've heard you can use this on your skin as well. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't recommend this item, especially for the price.


Philosophy Purity Face Wash, this is a holy grail item for me. I use it every day on my Clarisonic and I have for about 2 years now. My step mom gets the item off of HSN in a value size, and I have been filling up my little sample bottle from her for probably a year now. I keep going back for more! Wonderful product, and definitely worth the price.


Last item from my Birchbox this month, Love Conditioner Lovely Smoothing Conditioner. I used this along with the shampoo from the brand mentioned above. This product made my hair feel great, but unfortunately, this sample only gave me one use (I have a ton of hair). I didn't really get a lot of time to work with this product and give a good review on how it works over a couple of uses. I don't believe I'll purchase a full size.


Last but not least, I forgot to show this product in the main picture above, my only makeup empty of the month, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. If you read my June Favorites Post, this is also a new holy grail item for me. I have already repurchased this item and I plan to keep on buying. For a full review check out my favorite blog post below.

Thank you guys so much for reading!
-Kady



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e