Skip to main content

MAC Eyeshadow Collection and Swatches


Over the last 5 years of being very interested in makeup, I have accumulated quite a few MAC eyeshadows. I have found that these are some of the best and most pigmented high end eyeshadows available (Urban Decay is a very close second, maybe even tied). Another plus for this brand is the options and variety you have in your choice of colors. As I've said before and I'm sure you can tell from the picture above, I still prefer neutrals, but MAC gives me a very large selection of neutrals to choose from.

As everyone probably already knows MAC offers 4 different sized "Pro Palettes", 2, 4, 15, and a double sided large palette which can hold 30 eyeshadows. If you're interested in seeing the options MAC Cosmetics offers you, you can go here,

The website and Pro Stores also offer different methods of purchasing the single eyeshadows. At MAC counters, you can purchase the eyeshadows separately in what I would call "pot" form. These come with the case that you can see in the picture below. MAC Cosmetics online and pro stores offer the eyeshadows in "pan form", this is what I prefer, because these come with a magnet and the label attached which allows them to be ready to go directly into the palette. Also with the collections that come out there are almost always quad eyeshadow palettes included which can come with permanent or limited edition eyeshadows already in the palette and labeled.


The only single "potted" eyeshadow I own is "Carbon" which is a matte black. This color is one of the most well known MAC shadows. Personally, this is not my favorite black I own. Surprisingly, I do use black almost daily as an eyeliner, or some days in my outer corner for a more dramatic look. This particular item was released in special packaging with the "Venomous Villains" Collections. I knew this black was not "spectacular" in my opinion, but Cruella Deville is! One of the best Disney movies ever made in my opinion. This shadow was purchased from a CCO, and purchased specifically because of the packaging!


Next are my hands down most used makeup products ever! My eyebrow duo! I have looked everywhere for the best eyebrow products and have tried out quite a few brands. I was looking through the MAC website one day and saw that they have a duo specifically targeted for redheads. I looked to and saw that it was Cork and Espresso from the permanent shadow collection. Luckily, I already owned both of the colors but they were mixed in with all of my other shadows and were not very accessible, but I realized this was genius. I immediately bought an empty duo eyeshadow Pro Palette and created my own for $9 instead of $27.50. Best decision ever! (I do plan on doing a separate post on how I do my eyebrows so stay tuned!)

Left to right: Carbon, Cork, Espresso


The "Pink and Purple Quad" as I like to call it is next. I did not originally plan on having a quad, I was satisfied with the 15 Palette, but they overflowed over time. Also, I am very OCD with how my makeup is organized. I love these colors, but they just didn't flow with my other neutrals. To be honest, this palette is not reached for very often, but I love looking at them (how messed up is that?!) They are all very beautiful colors, but just not my every day picks. I will work on this though!

Left to right: Paradisco, Stars and Rockets, Sushi Flower, Star Violet


I ordered a Zpalette off of eBay about 6 months ago, and this has quickly turned into my most reached for palette in my collection. I keep my most used eyeshadows at the moment in this palette, and surprisingly, these do get switched out pretty often since everything is so easy to see and change out the colors every couple of weeks. This palette stays in my main makeup drawer (along with my eyebrow duo) and gets used very frequently.

Left to right: Brule, Quarry, Haux, All That Glitters, Naked Lunch, Soft Brown, Trax, Satin Taupe, and Dazzlelight


...and last, but certainly not least, my 15 Color Eyeshadow Pro Palette! This is the new palette with the clear front, which allows you to see all of your colors! I love this! I don't know if you guys can tell how excited I am. This new design makes it so much easier to view all of the colors you have and you get so much more use of the colors when you can see them. The only bad thing about the new design is that you have to purchase the inserts separately. The same palette design is used for the eyeshadows, blushes, and now they offer a lip color palette option! All and all the empty palette is a little pricey! The palette empty (single, they also offer a double) is $18 and the insert is $9. A little more then some other options, but it's worth it in my opinion. The new style is very sleek and much more accessible.

Left to right: Orb, Rice Paper, Arena, Jest, and Honeylust

Left to right: Patina, Amber Lights, Woodwinked, Sable, and Bronze

Left to right: Mythology, Expensive Pink, Cranberry, Folie, and Sketch


Thank you guys so much for sticking with me!
-Kady


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e