Skip to main content

Blogtober Day 9! Review Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallete


I realized after my blog yesterday I've never talked about my Naked Basics Palette. I know this has been out for quite a while now, but it is still available so why not share my opinion?! 

This is the newest eyeshadow palette from the Urban Decay Naked line, which makes it number 3. This palette however comes with 6 shadows and is a much smaller size then the originals. It is also much cheaper then the other two running for $28 at Sephora. 


The idea for this product is "Basics" which is exactly what they did. Everything you would need for a neutral look is here. Also, 5 out of 6 shadows are matte with only 1 shimmer. The naked 1 and 2 are both very shimmery shadows so this one is very different for the others. 

   

Venus is the far left shade a highlight color which is the only shimmer shade. Foxy is next which is a yellow toned shadow. Then Walk of Shame is a creamy white shade. 


The next three are the darker shades. Naked 2 is a neutral light brown. We then have Faint which a darker more warm tone of brown. And then of course Crave, a matte black. 

My favorite thing about this palette is that only one shade is a repeat shade from the other Naked Palettes, and that is Foxy. I am ok with this because I think that is my favorite color from the Basics Palette. 

        

All of the colors are very pigmented, also very soft like all of the Urban Decay shades. 

So now for the pros and cons! 

The pros, this palette is very size friendly; great for traveling. Also, you can create different looks using these colors. The colors included work great together. My biggest pet peeve are the eyeshadow palettes that you can't make a look with, the ones with the most random colors. This is not one of those. The best part for me is that this palette is very neutral and can be used everyday for a very wearable look. Also, the convenience is wonderful. 

The cons, there is nothing original about this palette, the colors are very easy to duplicate. Unfortunately, there's just nothing really that "special" that makes this pop and makes me want to pick this palette from any other ones. 

Is it worth it? Yes, but if you have a lot of makeup like I do it really isn't necessary. The quality is amazing and they last for hours, but if it is between this and something else, it's probable that something else might have that special pop a lot of people are looking for. 

I hope this helped you make your descesions on whether or not to buy this palette. 
-Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e