Skip to main content

Blogtober Day 15! My Collection of Real Techniques Face Brushes


We're halfway through Blogtober! It's kind of bitter sweet. It has been a lot of fun, but at the same time it's a lot than I thought it would be. 31 days of ideas, ahh! 

Anyways, on a lighter note, Hello, my name is Kady and I'm addicted to makeup brushes. Is that a surprise to anyone? I don't really think so. Am I the only one? Once again, I don't really think so. 

Brushes are fun and easy for me. You don't have to match colors, or worry about it looking good with your skin tone. It's pretty much a situation where you get what you see. The most important things for me, of course, are the shape and the feel of the bristles. Who wants a rough or sharp makeup brush on their face? No one! One of my favorite brands I've come across so far is Real Techniques. These brushes were created by a youTuber by the name of Samantha Chapman. She is one of the pixiwoo sisters, who both are very knowledgeable and talented with makeup. These are definitely one of those products that YouTube made me buy, and thank goodness they did. 


My first purchase from this brand was a Stippling Brush. I felt like this would be a good versatile brush for me, and over time I needed another one! This brushes are great, because they are very dense. I use one for cream blushes and the other for my MAC Radiant Rose Cream Highlighter (I did but another one just for use with that product, don't judge me). These brushes are great for cream products, because they don't apply too much. The best part for me is the density, it feels like they're actually doing something useful. 
      
       

The same time I purchased the Stippling Brush I picked up a Blush Brush. I feel like the blush brush is always my safe buy from a new brand. If they can't do a good blush brush there's no hope for the others. Luckily, this one is a winner. Also, very dense it is great for applying a little more product. I use this for my lighter colors to get a more vibrant look. This is my absolute most reached for brush from my entire collection. 


After a few months of trying the first two, I picked up the Powder Brush. Now this was a life changer for me (a little dramatic?!). I had always used a kabuki brush for powder; I felt like it had a little bit more control. This brush is my every day reached for brush. I will never turn back from here. It's the softest brush I think I've ever used and it does the job wonderfully. 


The Setting Brush was a recommendation to be by Melissa Parada, or HoneyBeePhilosophy on YouTube. She showed using this brush to apply highlighter and I loved the idea. Once again I'm glad I listened. This item is another that applies just the right amount of product, and it really is the perfect size for the cheekbone area . Winner! 


My most recent purchase from the brand is the Buffer Brush. I really wanted to try the Expert Face brush, but I didn't want to buy the set (I hate how companies do that, they try and make you purchase the whole deal when all you need is one thing!). I debated whether it was worth it or not when I realized the Buffer Brush was the same shape and size! I realize they have two different names, and maybe they are totally different, but it seemed right for me just to get the Buffer Brush. I've been using this to blend my concealer. I'm really digging it! It fits perfectly in the creases and blends beautifully. Another winner! 

Overall, I think this brand is amazing! They did a really great job with these, and  they also have a really great selection of different types. There are a few face products that I haven't tried yet, but every one I have tried has been very impressive. The best part is that they are reasonably priced! Brushes are really expensive and these don't cost an arm and a leg. The prices vary from around $6ish to a set for $20ish. Very good deals! Also, Ulta has them buy one get one 50% pretty frequently. 

If you're on the fence? Go for it! Great steal!
Thanks! 
-Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e