Skip to main content

Blogtober Day 8! Review Riri Hearts MAC Fall Collection "Good Girl Gone Bad"

     (Image provided by Google search)

So it just worked out perfectly that this collection came out on September 30, since my "Makeup No Buy" started on October 1st. Meant to be? I think so. I knew I didn't plan on going too crazy with this collection, but I did want at least one thing because the packaging was to die for. 

Now I expected this collection to be popular, but what I didn't expect was a two and a half hour wait to even get on the website.


I mean, really?! I had researched this collection pretty thoroughly because I'm definitely at the stage where I don't need to purchase makeup just for the pure fact of buying it. I wanted to make sure I was purchasing something that I would use. 

When I finally got onto the website the one thing that was still in stock was the eyeshadow quad in Her Cocoa, SCORE! That is what I really wanted from the beginning, so I snagged it right on up. Unfortunately I also wanted the blush, but it was sold out. I did purchase the Quad, but I have not received it yet. 

So the moral of the story is I broke my rule, I went to three different malls on Thirsday trying to pick it up. Unfortunately, I live in a major city so it was sold out everywhere. I had finally given up...until...Saturday I went to work withy boyfriend in a smaller town. As soon as we arrived I googled to see if there was a MAC close by, nope, so once again I gave up. A friend of mine from work lives close by to where we were so I went to meet her for lunch, and as we were driving through the parking lot I saw outside of Belk a sign that read, "MAC has Arrived" and I made her pull over. I ran inside and low and behold there it was, in stock! So once again the moral of the story, I did buy makeup, but I'm forgiving myself since it is limited edition and it was freakin sold out everywhere! It was meant to be. 



The name is "Good Girl Gone Bad" and
I'm so excited about this! I was scared of this because it is such a dark color, but I decided that Fall is here and I can always use a light hand. Luckily I do believe this color is doable for my skin tone. It is a warm copper color and a satin finish. It does have very strong pigmentation, which for me means I really must be careful with how I apply it. 

     

I'm very happy with my purchase. In the picture above I applied it with a regular blush brush, which was a little much for my skin tone, but I also tried with a stippling brush and it turned out much more wearable for an every day look. 

Good job Rihanna! 
-Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e