Skip to main content

FACE OF THE DAY


As I talked about in my previous post, I do have a full time job which is an office job. This means that I can't get too crazy with my makeup each day. Although, even on my off days I'm still a neutrals kind of girl.

For my foundation, my all time holy grail product, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in B20. I do have fairly oily skin, but this foundation still works wonders for me. This foundation is usually targeted for dry to normal skin, but this still does a wonderful job for my skin type. This is not a full coverage foundation, but with a setting powder and a little under eye concealer, it is one of my all time favorites for day to day.

My favorite concealer at the moment, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in number 2 Vanilla. This concealer is completely worth the hype. I mostly use this as an under eye concealer and it does not settle in any fine lines and it stays put all day!

My bronzer is from the new MAC Temperature Rising Collection in color Soft Sand. I previously had this bronzer from the Hey Sailor Collection from last summer, and I used every last drop. My fair skin tone can't handle anything too dark or shimmery. This color is wonderful to just give me a slight contour without being to drastic for my office job. It is definitely one of the only bronzers I have tried that does make me look orange.

The blush I used is another one of my holy grail products. Fleur Power from MAC's permanent line. This is a darker color, but used lightly it is great for every skin tone. I try mostly to use this blush on days my eye makeup is very light or neutral. This still gives me a pop of color, and since I'm not a huge lipstick girl (I know, shocker) I like to give that pop of color on my cheeks.

My eye makeup was created from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, which is another product I couldn't live without. This palette is wonderful for everyday. The colors in this palette are nothing spectacular, I'm sure you can find dupes for these colors, I might possible have them in other palettes, but the simplicity and convenience of this palette make it absolutely worth every penny. For $28, I really don't think you can get much better then that.

My everyday eyeliner is the Revlon Colorstay felt tip eyeliner. This is easy and also does the job perfectly. In the mornings when you're in a hurry this is wonderful since it is almost like writing with a pen. The felt tip makes putting on eyeliner an easy job instead of a difficult task that you might be dreading. I know when I was a beginner with makeup, eyeliner was the item I dreaded the most every morning. You can't really complete an eye look without it, but one mistake and you have ruined the whole look. This product makes eyeliner one of the easiest parts of my morning routine.

I have had a sample of The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer for quite some time and have never tried it. This morning I decided to dig through my samples box and try something new. Thank goodness I did! I am already searching eBay for a good seller to purchase a full size of this item!

And last but not least, mascara! Covergirl Clump Crusher has been my go to mascara for about a month now. It is definitely on its last leg. I would absolutely recommend this mascara, but it does not give me the full look I am going for. I usually add a layer of Maybelline's The Rocket mascara, but I am currently out. Clump Crusher gives you a good look and it does follow its name in getting rid of clumping, but it does give you a more natural look. My preference is the "bam, in your face lashes".


Thank you guys so much for taking a few minutes out of your day to enjoy this read! This is definitely my passion, and any information I can pass along to you guys I will be happy to give my opinions!

Love,
Kady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e