Skip to main content

May Beauty Favorites


Holy crap guys! I think this is the most products I've ever shown in a monthly favorites post, so it must have been a great month! I was pretty bad with my budgeting the month, but surprisingly not many of these products are new purchases. I did pretty good finding some things around the house to fall in love with. Let's jump in because we do have a lot... 



Anastasia was my winning brand this month. I purchased the Contour Kit in April, I'm pretty sure, and I wanted to fully use it before mentioning it in a favorites. Although, I've loved it since the first day. I do have a full blog post of this palette here, and I really haven't used anything else since I got this in the mail. I LOVE banana specifically, as well as Java. 


The Auburn brow duo powder from Anastasia was made for me. Not really, wouldn't that be cool though? But yes, it had my name all over it. I'm a fake redhead, with naturally blonde eyebrows, so this product really makes my red hair seem a little less crazy. It's the perfect mixture of brownish red and really looks natural. I love the look of powder brows for everyday, for the natural look. I also have a full blog post on this here


I've also been using the Auburn Dip Brow  Pomade by Anastasia just as much this month. Again, the color is perfect, but this formula is wonderful as well. It's waterproof and really holds up throughout the day. The pomade isn't as natural as the powder, but I do love this look as well for a more bold look. I also have a full post on this product here


A rediscovered product this month is the Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara. Don't worry guys, Maybelline The Rocket is my number one holy grail, but I felt like I needed to switch it up. This mascara is more natural, and better for every day. It really is clump proof and a great drugstore product. 


My newest product for this list is the Loreal True Match foundation. For as much as I love Nicole Guierro I'm surprised it took me so long to try this product. The look of this foundation is pretty much flawless, but not cakey or heavy in anyway. It isn't a full coverage foundation, but it does cover very well and feels so nice.  


My high end rediscovery is the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet +. This hot humid weather doesn't stand a chance against this product. I have a full review of this product here , if you're interested in a more in depth description. 


I purchased a cheap set of makeup brushes from eBay a few months ago. I've been planning on doing a review of the set, but I really couldn't figure out a good way to do it through a blog post so I've been procrastinating. These are a dupe for Sigma brushes, and probably not as good, but impressive for the price. This brush in particular is my favorite and it's a round kabuki, specifically made for BB/CC creams. I've been using it for everything and I'm really loving it. 


Another new product is MAC Peaches. Once again, I can't believe it took me so long to get this blush! Everyone talks about this, and for good reason. It's the perfect coral, and especially for Summer! This is definitely a staple for every skin tone. 


My oily skin has been terrified of skin oils science this fad became popular, but I decided to give it a go (in sample size of course) and lucky for me I love it. The Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil is great as an overnight treatment. I wake up feeling hydrated, but not oily. It really makes a difference, which surprised me. My skin feels soft and refreshed every morning. 


My Ipsy favorite for this month is the Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water. I've never been into the setting spray fad and I would have never purchased this on my own. I decided to throw it into purse, and surprisingly I've been using it non stop. It has been hot and humid in Atlanta this month, and I have very long days. This is great for feeling a little fresher throughout my work days. It doesn't move the makeup below, but it still refreshes and revives. Good job Ipsy! 


An oldy but a goody is the Jergens Original Scent lotion. I've used this stuff for years, and I LOVE the scent. Cherry - Almond is the way to my heart I guess! 


My favorite Summer staple is the DKNY Be Delicious perfume. It really can be an all year scent, but the fruity scent makes me happy in the Summer the most. I'm sure we've all heard about this before, but definitely holy grail for me. 


Tossing in a non makeup product, the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Pillow Mist has been a lifesaver. I have always had problems sleeping, and I wouldn't say it works any wonders, but it's really pleasant and calming. I love the scent, and it's nice to have something else to concentrate on when my minds running circles. 


...and lastly, as far from beauty as we can get The Walking Dead. Where has this show been all oft life and why did it take me so long to watch this. My boyfriend and I watched all four seasons in two weeks this month and we finished last night. I have to say I feel like my life is over now that we're done, but it will be back on soon enough. Must watch guys! Don't wait any longer, go now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e