Skip to main content

April Beauty Favorites 2014


I feel like I have a few more favorites this month than usual, and that's probably because I've been bad, and have let myself do a little bit of shopping. Probably not a good thing! I mentioned in my everyday makeup drawer post, that I had been shopping my collection more, and I think all of my favorites is going to show that I really did find some great products hidden amongst all of my stuff. Let's just jump into it. 



My Anastasia Lavish palette has become my most reached for palette, by far. I do have a full blogpost about this palette, but it needed to be mentioned. Specifically the shade orange soda has been my life saver. I have been wearing that color alone in my crease, with only mascara probably 9 out of 10 work days this month. It is just so easy to get up and go using that color and it makes my morning routine that much quicker. Wonderful palette, and if you go quickly these are still available on Anastasia.net for $24! 


Staying on the Anastasia band wagon, the clear brow gel made its way back into my life during Ulta's 21 days of beauty. They had a one day sale of this for $11 for the full size. I've found that there is nothing that compares to this stuff and it had to be mentioned. This stuff will hold your brows like no ones business. 


As I mention brows, I've gone back to the brow powder life. As you all probably have heard, I raved about the Anastasia brow wiz, and for great reason, but this month I got tired of it. I needed a change and I whipped out my MAC duo that I used a few months ago. This is Cork and Espresso and I'm so happy I pulled these bad boys out. Again, these have made my morning routine fly by! It is so much easier using this powder rather than using the pencil. Plus, it looks a little more natural to me. 


Back to eyes, I've really made an effort to use different eyeshadows. And every day that I wasn't wearing Orange soda, I made my look from the Urban Decay Naked palette. This palette was all the rage, and for good reason. I had the Maled 2 and eventually sold it because I never once reached for it. This one would be my recommendation out the 1 and 2 for sure. 




Staying with eye products, I have never been a liquid liner girl. I always go for felt top applicators, and I truly learned how to properly use the liquid liner style of applicator. I picked this NYC liquid liner up, mainly because I had a really good coupon, but turns out, I love this stuff. I have finally worn a winged eyeliner looked and didn't feel like I looked ridiculous. For this stuff being so cheap, it really wore great and didn't smudge at all. 




Now for face products, I have my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. I'm not going to rave too much since I do have a full review of this product up, but just know it's very worth the money. 




I've come to the realization, I've never hated anything from Tarte. This blush is no exception. This is from the Tarte Off the Cuff palette and it is Dollface, which is a permanent color from Tarte. I guess I was just really in the Spring spirit, because I wanted something brighter and this really did the trick. It looks very pink in the pan, but it does apply very naturally and nothing too crazy. Really a very impressive blush, I strongly recommend. 




...and more Tarte. This the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer and again, I'm in love. This is being offered at Ulta and Sephora in a small travel size for $10, and let me let you in on a little secret, two of the travel sizes equals the same amount of product you get in a full size and you save $14! Go snag up some of the travel size ones if you're interested. This stuff is my newest obsession, and I need to snag some more before they quit  offering this size!




And lastly for the month of April, is from my Ipsy bag. This is the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. This stuff is the bomb. I've kept it in my shower since receiving it, and I've been using it twice a week. I can really see and feel a difference when using it, and I'm going to be sad when it's gone. 

So that's it for me you guys, what have you been loving for the month of April? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e