Skip to main content

November Beauty Favorites

 

Hello again, to another favorites post. For once, I feel like this month did not fly by, which for me is a good thing, because Christmas is approaching fast! I have quite a few favorites for you this month so let's jump right into it.


My newest purchase is the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I have listened to people talk about this product for years it seems, and I never jumped on the band wagon. I have never liked brow pencils, I was very true to my powder products, but something came over me and madee try it. I'm pretty that something was Jaclyn Hill's eyebrow tutorial, and they looke so natural I had to give it a try. This product is $22, and I really feel there is nothing else like it. I'm using the color Soft Brown, and I do think it goes well with being a red head! That's tougher to find then it sounds. 
 


My mission to find the absolute best setting powder is still in full swing, and my newest competitor is the Studio Careblend Pressed powder from MAC. This is another product I heard Jaclyn Hill mention (can you guess who one of my favorite youtubers is?), and although she has dry skin I decided to check into the reviews. I'm really quite impressed with this product, and it could definitely make it's way into my top 5. As you can see, it has been very well loved. I believe this retails for $25 from MAC cosmetics. 
 
 
 
I received my birthday gift from Sephora this morn, and included was the Benefit They're Real mascara. I rediscovered my love for this product. It isn't as intense and dramatic as I'm used to, with my Maybelline The Rocket, but it works wonders. It seperates and lengthens like no other I've tried! It is a winner! The full size retails for $22.


 

Unfortunately my next two items were limited edition, but I'm giving you my true "favorites" despite them not being available. This blush is Pink Tea, from a collection last summer I believe. I'm pretty sure I wore this blush everyday. This is another go to for me, like Blushbaby. It's neutral and goes with any eye look, but still gives you a beautiful color. If interested, check out eBay, but hopefully MAC will rerelease this color soon, because I would definitely repurchase. 
 

 

Next is my paint pot in Nubile, which is also from a collection from a while ago. This product sat unused in my drawer for quite some time, but since I've run out of my painterly paint pot, I've been trying to find my new holy grail. I can't justify repurchasing when I have so many to choose from. This color is very flattering only skin tone, and this month especially I was running a little behind on my eyeshadow time and I wore this by itself quite a lot. I would say about 2 full weeks this was all I wore on my eyelids, and it worked wonders on giving me a little color.  




I seem to be loving a lot of MAC this month, but this product has made its way into my holy grail list. The MACSkin  Refined Zone Treatment was recommended by Casey Holmes (my go to oily skin friend) and thank goodness I listened. I went a few days without this product just to see if it was really working, and hot damn was it. My skin was unbearable by the time I made it to work each day without this being used asy primer. Definitely a must try for oily skin. 
 

And my last favorite is my Lorac Pro Palette. I do have a full post on this product so I'm not going to go too far into detail, but this was my most reached for this month. Great investment if you haven't already! This retails for $42, but I believe Ulta has a special at the moment that includes the palette, an eyeshadow primer, and a felt tip liner for around $39. A great deal if you were planning on purchasing this anyways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e