Skip to main content

Best of Beauty 2013

On my way to work this morning, I decided to take the plunge and watch Casey Holme's new video of her 2013 best of beauty products (don't worry, I wasn't driving), so I decided, why not! I love to see the products people continuously keep going back to, and that is how I'm going to treat this post. For each category, I plan on mentioning products that have been by my side for most of the year! Now a few of the categories listed in Casey's video didn't really apply to me, so I've decided to change a few of them up, but these are my overal favorite beauty products from 2013. 


Primer - Now of course my favorite primer is going to Beiber that I don't currently own, but the best of the best is Benefit Porefessional. Tried and true, and worth the money. 




Foundation - I'm going to have to pick two for this category, and unfortunately they are both high end. That would be Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. Both are outstanding, with nothing comparable in my opinion! Yet, at least! Both are also good for oily/combination skin. 


Concealer - Once again, two for this category, and it probably come as any surprise if you read my FOTD posts. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. My yearly babies have finally lost the battle and have made there way to the trash can, but I can't wait to repurchase again and again. 


Powder - Now I am still on the search for the worlds best powder, but over the year I have found two that really do stand  high on that list. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and my MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder. One as cheap as they come and one is a little more expensive, but both are really wonderful products for oily skin. 


Bronzer - My go to Bronzer for the last two years is MAC Soft Sand. It is a limited edition shade, but it's released at least once a year. Give it a shot if you are very light skinned and a lot of bronzers are too dark or orange for you. 


Blush - My blush choice for more days than not was MAC Blushbaby. This was a product Eleventhgorgeous mentioned, and I still too this day haven't heard many people talk about, but it is worth it. It's a darker pinky nude shade that would really flatter any skin tone. It's a just try! 


Highlighter - Now this is my complete honest opinion and my go to highlighter is MAC Superb. Unfortunately, this is another limited edition item, but hopefully MAC will be releasing this again soon so I can have a backup. 


Brow - I have changed up my eyebrow products a lot this year trying to find the perfect product, but one thing that has stuck with me is the Anastasia Brow Gel. I really don't think anything else compares, and it is definitely worth the splurge. 


Eyeshadow Palette - Another product who has stuck with me for the last few years is my Naked Palette. The original. I just can't get enough. I'm definitely loving my Naked 3, but I can't honestly call that a "Best of Beauty for 2013" since it hasn't even been a month. 


Eyeliner - I've tried a lot of eyeliners this year, and I like to stick with felt tip options. I have strayed away, but my all time favorite this year was my Revlon Photoready Liquid Liner. Another product I don't currently own because I do like to try other options, but so far that is one of my favorites. 


Mascara - Maybelline The Rocket, hands down. I don't think I have ever repurchased anything as much as I have this mascara. This has definitely been a love/hate product for the beauty world, but I'm definitely a lover! 


Beauty Subscription - Hands down...Ipsy. My monthy Battle posts should be able to answer this question for you guys. I am interested in getting another subscription for Battle posts, any suggestions? 

Now for my add ins...

Face wash - Purity from Philosophy is just one more product that has been with me for the last few years. I always stock up on these in sample sizes and I've never been without. I use this with and without my Clarisonic and I don't think I could ever give it up. It might just be my crack! 


Lip Product  - As we all probably know, I'm not a big lipstick girl, but I do have to use some sort of lip product. I actually have two winners for this category, and one is the Nivea Lip Butter in Rasverry Kiss. This product is always in my purse and has been for the last 10 months or so. My second product is the cheapest mentioned in this list and that is my ELF Lip Exfoliator. I think for me the convenience of this product is what makes it so great. It's in lipstick form which makes using it so much easier and also clean and more sanitary. 

Perfume - Now this is my "cheating" add on, but I really wanted to mention something and my go to perfume has been True Religion Hippie Chic! If you haven't smelled this perfume go give it a smell because you would probably fall in love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e