Skip to main content

New Years Eve Questionnaire




Happy almost New Year! If you're anything like me you've got a million things on your mind that you want to change for the upcoming year, but will they really happen? Of course! We have to think positive. What are some of your resolutions this year? I hope you all have fun tonight and be safe! 

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
-I moved in with the love of my life.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-I don't remember anything specific I planned for 2013, but I do have a few new ones I plan on making.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? -No, not this year. 

4. Did anyone close to you die?-Unfortunately this year was full of loss for me and my family. I'm really praying next year goes easier on us. 

5. What countries did you visit?-None. 

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? 
-A promotion!

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
-September 22 and also May 20th (I believe). Those were two dates that I lost two people very close to me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-My house! I'm young, and I am very thankful and proud of what I have.

9. What was your biggest failure?
-Hmm, my puppy dog being a bad dog. She chews up everything, but I love her so much.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Thankfully, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
-I'm really trying to thank on this one, but the only thing I can think of is my new makeup desk.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
-My mom actually showed a lot of growth to me. We've always had a rough relationship, but this year she really tried.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
-My brother had a tough year, but I'm not loosing hope yet.

14. Where did most of your money go?
-Household things. Utilities are more in a house than in an apartment.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-My boyfriend and I celebrated our first anniversary at the beginning of the year, also this blog. It's been about 7 months, and I'm very happy I've stayed true and persistent. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2013? 
-Sink Florida Sink by Againist Me. That song really hit home when my friend passed away on May. 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? 
-Happier.

b) thinner or fatter? 
-About the same, unfortunately.

c) richer or poorer? 
-Again, about the same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-As always, I'd love to travel more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? 
-Spend money...

20. How did you spend Christmas?
-I was with my family for the full day.

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
-I fall more in love every day.

22. What was your favourite TV program? 
-There were really great ones this year...I loved The Americans, Hannibal, Bates Motel, Under the Dome, and Sons of Anarchy.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-I'm tired of hating...

24. What was the best book you read?
-Hmm, I just finished the Divergent trilogy, very satisfied with that.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
-I have no idea...

26. What did you want and get?
-A new position at my job.

27. What did you want and not get?
-A newer car. I have a 2011 Kia, but I really wanted one more upgrade.

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
-The only movie I went to see this year was Catching Fire.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I was 23 and I had too work :(

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-I really can't think of anything, this year was really quite good for me. I definitely had down falls, but it really made me grow up and appreciate a lot more.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
-Comfy casual. Cardigans and sweaters.

32. What kept you sane?
-My boyfriend. Every time I was ready for a break down he made me think logically and hold it all together.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Jennifer Lawrence was very popular this year. She's really a down to Earth person, hopefully she won't go Miley Cyrus crazy.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
-Obama in General stirred up a lot of issues with everyone, but as much as I should know more about politics I don't really follow it.

35. Who did you miss?
-My granddad. It's really been hard without him here to consult.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
-We had a few new people at work this year who definitely made an impact on my life. Both good and bad, but an impact either way.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
-Sometimes you have to grow up faster than your age might claim you are.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? 
-"What does the fox say?" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e