Skip to main content

30 Random Beauty Questions

Woohoo! Another tag-ish post from me. I just really felt like blogging tonight, but didn't have anything in particular I wanted to talk about, so that led me to a google search. 30 random beauty questions? Try and stop me.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
 
-God, I was really hoping I could think of the answer for this, but I'm really drawing a blank. I do remember being young and using eyeshadow, but no idea what kind or color.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?

-Lately, I've been using The Maybelline The Rocket mascara, but the last few days it hasn't been working me. Which means, I'm on a search, any ideas?

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
 
-I like a medium to full coverage, I don't want to be cakey, but I do like to have a n even flawless face.
 
4. Favorite high end brand?

-Ugh, I guess I would have to say MAC. Out of all of the high end brands I feel like MAC has the most products to offer that I would be completely satisfied with.
 
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?

-Dior, Kat Von D, and more products from Hourglass. Those are a few of the brands that are on my list at the moment, but there's plenty of products I'd love to try.  

6. Favorite drugstore brand?

-Hmm, Maybelline. I've always used Maybelline's mascaras, and there newer products are really impressive.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?

-No, I'm not very good at applying them, and personally I'd rather rock a look without them then wear them looking crazy.

7. Is there any kind of makeup that you can't leave the house without?

-Yes and no. I like to leave the house with my eyebrows done and mascara on, but that's really not realistic. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and take one for the team and just go out.

9. What is your most cherised beauty product? 

-Ahh, I have no idea. Let's see, at the moment, my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is running a little low and it's making me very sad.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?

-I look at makeup very often, but lately I've rarely been buying. I've decided that I really do have too much and I don't need to buy anything that isn't necessary.

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely?

-Like I stated above, I'm definitely on a beauty budget. I don't need much, but if something just amazing came about I would splurge.

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?

-Absolutely, who doesn't?

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?

-Ahh, probably face products. I don't know what it is, but lately Im addicted. I'm on my search to find the perfect foundation. Help!

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?

-Hmm, lets think. I really don't think so. There's products from a few brands I didn't like, but I wouldn't count out the whole brand.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?

-I try to be as healthy and safe as possible, but honestly, no. I'm not as disciplined as I should be.

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
 
-I mostly buy from Sephora, for the points, but Ulta and Target are very close to my house so I do stop in pretty frequently.
 
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?

-I usually stay pretty frequent, but I do love to use my samples from my subscription boxes!

18. Favorite bath and body brand?

-The only body soap I can use is Dove, I don't know what it has in it that others don't, but it's the only one that doesn't break my skin out. For lotions and things, I love Aveeno. My skin is very sensitive, and both of those brands are very good for my type of skin.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?

-Once again, probably MAC. I feel like I would be the least dissapointed with most of there products.

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?

-Benefit and the BAlm. Both are so cute and very well thought up.

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?

-Hmm, Lauren Conrad. Emma Stone. Beyonce. Just a few random ones.

22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?

-Does this blog count?

23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus

-Ahhh. LeighAnn Says. Grav3yard Girl. Amarixe. Nicole Guerriero. Jaclyn Hill.
 
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?

-I don't mind them, but they aren't my go to products.

25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?

-I would say overall no, but I do have my mistakes every once in a while.

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
-I use a MAC Paint Pot every day.
 
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?

-More then the typical person, because my hair is so curly. To be without product, I have an afro. Not cute.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?

-Foundation. I use concealer for my undereyes and nose area, but foundation does most of the work.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?

-I would love to, but my career doesn't really give me a whole lot of free time. One of these days I will follow my dreams and go to evening classes. So far, I'm satisfied with my life choices, but every one deserves their dreams.

30. What do you love about makeup?

-The freedom and the expression. I'm always going to be me, but if I want to explore new looks or have fun with costume makeup, I can do that. I feel beautiful, in and out, and with or without makeup, but I love the freedom I feel when I'm in my zone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e