Skip to main content

What is in makeup bag? (Work Purse Edition)


As I've said quite a few times (you're probably tired of hearing it by now) I work in an office. So for me, a touch up makeup bag is a necessity. One, because it's possible for me to do touch ups during the day, and two, my coworkers know I love makeup, so they aren't afraid to tell me if something is looking crazy. Every month I trade out my purse makeup bag and use the bag that 

I think every girl has their own "must haves" in their purse makeup bag, and mine might be a little different from your choices. To each their own, but you might want to make sure you got everything you need, so here we go. 

       

First and definitely the number one for me, my oil blotting sheets. My skin is oily! I can't hide it. Right now in trying out the Up and Up Brand (Target brand) ones and comparing them to the Clean and Clear version. So far so good. 


And just in case those aren't enough, my tried and true, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Cheap and easy, that's the way I like it. And as a partner in crime, I keep my Physician's Formula Kabuki brush. I've tried the mini travel size ones, but they don't do the job. 

     

My Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette has had a lot of love, as you can see.  This palette is wonderful for your purse, with 3 different shades and a powder. This is really easy for touch ups, and I just use my finger to quickly apply! 

     

Last for face items, I bring a sample size of the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter. I love having this with me, I find that throughout the day highlighter wears off quickly, and it's nice to have the option to touch up. This product is also really easy for inner corner highlight, I know that is one of the first things to go on a hot day. 

   

I carry a small travel brush set (I have had this forever, I believe it's from Walgreens), I don't know the brand, but it's nice to have for any occasion. All four brushes are double sided, which gives you everything you could need. Also, a pair of tweezers. You have no idea how often these get used, and not only by me, my co-workers beg for tweezers on a daily basis, and I've got em. 


My Nivea Lip Butter is another must have. It doesn't have any color pay off, but it makes you feel so much better to have the moisture on your lips when sitting in an office. 


My only other lip product is Pacifica Color Quench from the Blood Orange set. This color is a dark neutral color that is really versatile for any skin tone. I like to have this just to add an extra "oomph" to your look. 


Last but not least is perfume. At the moment I have three, but these options change pretty often. I know everyone had perfume samples lying around, and for me the best way to be sure to use them up is to throw them in my bag. A little spritz of a little extra can really brighten your mood throughtout the day. 

Now like I said before, everyone's must haves are going to be different, but throughtout the years I've realized these are the items I reach for the most. 

Thanks so much for reading!
-Kady
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e