Skip to main content

Face of the day!


Now let me start off by saying it is hot today! We have actually had a mild summer were I live, but the humidity is killer! So, I had to take the weather into strong consideration today while making my makeup choices. 

I'm going to go in order of how I apply things, I feel like that might give you a little more information on these types of posts. So first things first I used my new Smashbox CC Cream in the shade light. I'm still giving this product a go before I give it a full review, but so far so good. 

My two concealer must haves are Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer for under the eyes and MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NC20 for any other blemishes. I love both of these two together. There is no creasing and it stays all day. 

Next is my Sonia Kashuk Cream Bronzer which you've probably heard me talk about a few times. I use this product before powder for two reasons, first in case you use a little too much it's easy to cover it up with your powder, and also you never want to use a cream product on top of powder because it can cause your skin to look cakey. 

My Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade 004 Sandstorm has been with me through thick and thin. I love this product and I really haven't found anything that compares, and for the price I don't think I ever will.

After powder I bronze! I love Bronzer, especially in the Summer time! My choice for today was MAC Soft Sand, which unfortunately is limited edition. It does come out pretty frequently in collections though if you are interested. I use the cream Bronzer as contour and this product just as Bronzer. The two together are beautiful if you ask me! 

And now onto eyebrows. I mentioned these two products in my MAC Eteshadow collection post, I use Cork and Espresso mixed together which gives me the perfect color to go with my red hair. 

Right after eyebrows I put on a layer of MAC Painterly Paint Pot to hold everything together. Today I chose to use my Naked 2 Oalette. This product doesn't really get enough use, but the colors are beautiful. I used Bootycall on the lid, Tease in the crease, Busted in my outer corner, and Foxy as my highlight. I then went in with Black as my eyeliner. I was pretty satisfied with the look. 

My mascara has been the same for a few months now and that's The Rocket by Maybelline. It gives a more frantic look which is what I prefer. 

I try and use a different blush everyday, it makes me feel like my collection is necessary. Today I chose Springsheen by MAC. 

       


I hope you guys enjoy! 
-Kady 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e