Skip to main content

What is in my Ipsy bag? March 2014


Woo hoo! I thought it would never come, but it has arrived! Every month is Chrisas for me, except when my bag takes forever to arrive, and I see so many pictures and videos online showing the
products. It's ok, because now it's finally my turn. 


The first thing I pulled out, which is by far my favorite, is a felt tip liner by Chella. This is a brand I had never heard of until Ipsy, but everything I have tried has not been disappointing. 


The color is gorgeous. Excuse the fact that I couldn't draw a straight line! This is a dark indigo color, which I own nothing like this! I'm very excited to get some use out of this during Spring and Summer! 


Next is an eyeshadow trio by NYX. This is from the Live in Rio set and it is called "No Tan Lines Allowed". At first glance, I'm happy with it. Everyone will eventually wear a darker smokey eye, but then...


I swatched it. I'm not impressed. Now this is nothing against the brand, because they do make high quality products, this just doesn't happen to be one of them. Cute, but not the best I've seen. 


Another product I'm very excited about is the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer. I am a primer whore. I just can't get enough of them. I have very oily skin, and I work very long days, and in my case a primer is necessary. I haven't tried much from the brand, but I will definitely give it a shot. 


Lastly, is a mini Bare Minerals lipstick in the shade Get Ready. First can we just talk about how cute this little package is. I don't wear lipstick very much, pretty much never, so for me a huge tube is a big waste. This smaller size makes me feel less quilty for not using it often. 


The color is very pretty, perfect for Spring. I will not get much use out of this product, but I'm not disappointed in the quality. 

So that's all for the month of March. What did you guys receive? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e