Skip to main content

June Beauty Favorites 2014


Happy 4th of July everyone! Better late than never on my favorites, right? I had planned on posting this on Wednesday, but I was just so excited for the new Lorac palette that I figured this could wait one more day. June wasn't a very adventurous month for me beauty wise, but I did have a few products that really stood out for me, so let's get into it.



First is the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. I really loved this stuff when I first purchased it, and then I started using other things. I pulled this out on a Saturday and I was so impressed again with the mattifying power that I fell in love again. Really, I believe this stuff works better than my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is is about 10 times more expensive! Impressive Rimmel! 


Another cheap product is the Wet N Wild highlighter in the shade Reserve Your Cabana. This cost about $3.99 and is again greatly impressive for the price. This is a wonderful highlighter with little shimmer that gives off a great glowing look without looking like a disco ball. 


A rediscovered product this month is the Benefit Box Blush in the shade Hervana. This is a light wearable pink blush which is easy to use, but still looks great and very flattering. 


A new product this month , is the Kelly Osbourne MAC Blush in Cheeky Bugger. I did a full blog post on the two blushes I chose and this one has definitely been my most used. This color again is very flattering, and is a wonderful every day color. Of course the packaging is equally impressive, but despite that I'm very happy to own this color. 


A lip product favorite from me? I can't believe it! I received this product in my June Ipsy bag, and I'm so happy I did. I would have never purchased this on my own, so I'm very thankful this was one oft products from Ipsy. This is the NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Apple Strudel, a light sheer pink color which is beautiful on the lips. This is a "your lips, but better" color, that I've really been enjoying wearing just for a little more shine. This really makes me feel like my whole look has come together. 



And lastly for makeup I have my Jordana Fabuliner in Brown. This stuff is wonderful, and I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned in a favorites before. For the price though, you really can't beat it. I believe this is $1.99 from Walgreens, and nothing compares to the quality at that price. A must have for me. 

 

For perfumes, I have jumped on this band wagon and got the Elizabeth and James rollerball from Sephora as a reward. Out of the two, the Nirvana White has definitely been my favorite. This a more grown up scent that really had stolen my heart. 



Another fragrance, is the Tory Burch rollerball. I NEVER buy perfume from big name stores, but I tried this one in the Sephora "Beauty To Go" section and literally couldn't stop thinking about it. I knew I had to have this in my life so I went back and scooped it up. This is a much more floral scent compared to the Nirvana White, but these two have given me all of the variety I need for a while. 



Onto tools, I do have 3 brushes to mention this month. The first is a flat wide brush from a Sonia Kashuk kit (this set is now on clearance at Target, so run and grab it if you're interested). This is great for a defined contour! It's really the perfect size, and it's very stiff which makes it easy to apply in the correct spots. I've always been impressed by Sonia Kashuk and this product is no different. 



Another contour rediscovery is my Nars Ita brush. This is similar, but very different to the Sonia Kashuk option. Same shape, but the Nars brush is very soft and gives you a great blended contour look. This does both jobs for you, but doesn't make the lines as sharp. Either look you're going for these brushes are great choices! 


And last is my Real Techniques blush brush. I've always loved this brush, but this month it proved to me again why it's amazing. This brand is great overall, but do love particularly like this brush from the bunch. This is great for lighter colors (like the ones shown above), because it does grab more product. Very impressive! 

Alright guys, that's all folks! What were your favorites this month? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogtober Day 24! DIY Remove Black Stains from Hardwood Floors

      This blog is coming to you by accident, of course. I don't know if I've mentioned it much on this blog, but I have two pitbulls. I know, a lot to handle, and one of them is a puppy. She is horrible sometimes, but I can't help but love her. Our whole house is hardwood floors, which I love! With my two dogs, if the happen to have an accident it's really easy to clean up...or so I thought.  We have had a large living room rug down for about 6 months now. Over the weekend we decided to take it outside and air it out and do a little "Fall Cleaning". Low and behold underneath the rug were huge dark black spots on the hardwood. I immediately jumped on Pinterest to see what to do. It turns out dogs urine causes the wood to turn black (who knew?). So I found a solution that I'm really excited to share with you.  Peroxide! Awesome, I had plenty on hand and immediately started to try it out. At first I used a paint brush to apply it to the specific areas.  Almo

Personal Planner Setup

I have been using a planner for as long as I can remember. My little OCD self needs something to keep me grounded and on track. About 3 years ago I discovered Erin Condren as well as the planner community on social media (if you are a planner person check them out, it is such a positive and supportive group of people). If you're not familiar, the Erin Condren Life Planner is an A5 size planner (7" by 9") and is a thick planner. For me, this type of planner is not convenient for every day use so this planner stays at home on my desk and is used mostly for my creative side, not functionality. This brings me to my personal size planner, I use a Kate Spade Wellesley planner which can be bought at the Kate Spade Outlet stores (these outlets will ship to you so call around if you don't live close to one and are interested). Currently as pictured above I am using the red version which was re-released this Summer, and I also have a black version which is always in stock.

DIY IKEA Kitchen Shelf

  It is finally complete! I have been working on decorating this bad boy for a few weeks now and I'm in love! Thanks to my dear husband we were able to turn this cheap IKEA shelving unit into an adorable farmhouse style kitchen shelf pretty easily. See below for our step by step!    This is the IKEA Mulig Shelving Unit which is $59.99 for the largest size. This measures 47 1/4x13 3/8x63 3/4 "    We purchased a 3/4" piece of plywood at Home Depot in which we got cut in store for each shelf. These measure 46 1/2" by 13"    Also at a Home Depot we purchased a tube of Loctite Power Grip and a small can of Golden Pecan stain . This stain matches a few other items in our house so they would all look cohesive.    Once home, let the staining begin.      After one coat of stain was dry we used the Loctite to place the plywood on the shelves. We used sand bags to weigh down e